simple downgrade to 1.1.1./jailbreak guide

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by plg6067, Dec 28, 2007.

1. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Important, make sure iTunes is updated to 7.5, in iTunes click help then check for updates

There are a lot of people having trouble with downgrading and jailbreaking, so I made this quick guide so there will not be any more unnecessary confusion.
    This guide is made for PC.
    This is a guide to downgrade and jail break, it WILL NOT erase your music.
    Beware, this could give you the 1604 error, or other errors. USE AT YOU OWN RISK
    Step 1 Download 1.1.1. FW here http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=V7H8X2QQ (Someone reported it coming in a zip file if so unzip and make sure it ends with .ipsw)
    Step 2 Plug iPod in and open iTunes
    Step 3 Hold shift and click update (it is right above where it says restore)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Step 4 Choose the 1.1.1. FW you just download, and let itunes do it's thing
    Step 5unplug iPod open safari and visit tinyurl.com/36dsyz (safari will crashh and the installer app will be installed) ALL DONE!
    Step 6 I recomend NOT updating back to 1.1.2.

Now wasn't that easy?

FAQ

-I followed these instructions and the file shows up as a folder or itunes gives me an error? try redownloading the file. Remember it has to end with .ipsw

-If tinyurl.com/36dsyz is not working, can I use jailbreakme.com? Yes

1604 ERROR!?
    thanks Zombie_Killer
    A big thanks to the people who made jailbreaking possible! Also I recomend jimmyr.com because thats where I found the firmware download.
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    great tutorial very simple and easy to understand shame i didnt need to use it =))

10/10!
  3. oxlindzxo

oxlindzxo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    awesome one question when u shift click the restore, do u wait for it to finish its thing before disconnecting?
  4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what i would do if i ever needed to do this is press update find the file and then leave it for a good hour maybe longer 100% chance of it being finished then check the itunes status bar see if its doing anything if its not then yeah dissconnect away
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

You hold shift and click update NOT restore. Yes you wait for it to finish.
  6. oxlindzxo

oxlindzxo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hahah thats why i screwed it up!!! okk thanks ill press update OOOOPS im such an idiot
  7. -Sean-

-Sean- New Member

Thanks, this will help me when my iPod Touch finally gets here. Will that link do exactly the same as www.jailbreakme.com? Thanks.
  8. orange555six

orange555six New Member

when i shift+click update it does its thing then at the end of the extracting or w/e it says "error (5)"...and then i still have 1.1.2 firmware on my ipot
  9. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Yes I think so
  10. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Hmmm :-/ I am not sure what to tell you, that error usually happens when you have the wrong firmware file, but if you used my link it should be right. Try deleteing and redownloading the firmware file.