SimCity = Worst Game Ever

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by rileyman, Jan 17, 2009.

1. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alrite I just bought SimCity and it is absolutley terrible. I was always a fan of simcity 3000 and 4 for PC but when i got this it was awful. The graphics are the best yet id say but the app has sooo many bugs itself. 1st off, the game takes a while to load, like a really long time, sometimes up to 2 minutes, and it doesnt even have a loading screen! It just goes into a white screen similar to what happens when you run quickpwn. 2nd off, the gameplay is INCREDIBLY laggy, EA has really been pushing limits on games.. like Scrabble, but scrabble only took a while to load, this game is laggy and long loading times, when i press the nuclear power button it freezes and then it either crashes or goes through and when it crashes it takes 4ever to load back up again!!! its sooooo frustrating!! 3rd off, controls. You can really only understand it if you play the game, but i will explain it as best as i can. For a lot of the controlls it involves dragging your finger, which always interferes with the pinch zoom for some reason. it is just terrible. In all if u got 10 bucks, dont buy SimCity buy something else..
  2. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Rebooting your iPod (hold the power button for ten seconds) is recommended after installing games that rely on graphics to prevent bugs and crashes. Maybe this would help (if you haven't already done it).
  3. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ive already done that... this gane is just bad dude
  4. 360

360 New Member

Agreed, Interface is sorta allright, But this game should have just stayed on a PC.
    End of story.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

'Tis all personal experience and opinion. Works perfectly here and I like it.
  6. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i agree
    i've had no problems whatsoever with this game
    and so what if it takes a little longer than most to load?
    i mean, its either wait 30 god damn seconds or buy some watered down piece of crap
    honestly, i'll wait 30 seconds
  7. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Agreed. Got this game last week and it keeps me hooked for hours!!! Also it eases the pressure of waiting for a jb
  8. Darkfire45

Darkfire45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the game seems to differ on different ipods. On mine, it loads perfectly fine, the only thing wrong with it is that I cant seem to get the traffic going

Please Register or Log in to view images

Which really sucks cause no one can get to work. It would be such a great game if they some how found out why some people have it working perfectly fine, and others are struggling with crashes and glitches.
  9. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's hard to setup a city, but that's why you need to have some patience. I like this game.
  10. Iceman515

Iceman515 New Member

also remember you have a first gen ipod touch... it's the slowest of all the products, 2G is the fastest, so i guess that makes a big difference for people