iPhone 3GS SIM tray stuck in iPhone 3GS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spam, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Today, I accidently snapped my 3GS SIM card tray while trying to stick my SIM card in. Now, half of the tray is stuck inside the SIM slot, and when I tried inserting my spare SIM card tray inside, it won't slide in. Does anyone know if Apple will try and pry it out if I bring it to the Apple store, or will they just replace the phone for me. What are they most likely gonna do?
  2. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They're not gonna do anything as it was your fault.
  3. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    even if my phone is still under warranty?
  4. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yup. I went the other week with my 3GS that was coming out of the back. They told me I dropped it even though I hadn't so they wouldn't take it. I just sold it and bought the iPhone 4.
  5. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay im at the apple store and i managed to get them to pull the tray out. now i'm having another problem. because I bought the 3GS used from someone on craigslist, I never had data added to the line that being used on the 3GS. I restored it yesterday on iTunes, and now the iPhone is unactivated ( I dont know how that happened).

I have been using it for a year now jailbroken and unlocked on my AT&T plan, and now it says that the phone is unactivated. I don't want to add data onto my line, but I guess I have to in order to get around activating it. Is there any other way to activate my phone?

3GS is on 3.1.3, 5.12.07 modem firmware, previously jailbroken
  6. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Grab a friend with an AT&T SIM card. Have him pop his in for a second to activate it...then you're good to go.
  7. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or you can just take it to an AT&T store n ask them to activate it for you. They'll do it for free, plus you keep the sim.