Sim City cheats through SSH

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by hakk79, Feb 18, 2009.

1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys! Well as you know Sim City for the iPhone is a port of Sim City 3000. Since I am doing pretty bad in the game, I have an urge to cheat XD. The problem is that there are only a few known cheats and other than that nothing can be done

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Because of this I want to SSH and see if I can somehow edit something in the Simcity application folder so I can get more money etc.

So far I have had no luck doing this. Did anyone else have better luck or a solution?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What you should do instead is be a man and develop an urge to get better. Cheating is for dorks.

EDIT: Or, would you rather "dweebs?"
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Grrrrrrr

I put lots of time into that game, but cheating is better at times. Grrrrrrr.
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Cheating ruins the point of the game. You're supposed to invest your money into building the city, then gradually have it all come back to you.

At least you're not playing the PC version of SC3K where income came yearly, not monthly.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Most likely, what you're doing wrong is what every one who fails at simCity does wrong. You're most likely trying to develop too quickly. Cities take time to grow.

Trust me, I've built bustling Megalopoleis (using Simcity 4). Take your time, and build smartly. With time, you'll be rolling in the money and will be able to expand as you see fit when you see fit.