sim card not inserting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flash1823, Nov 5, 2009.

1. flash1823

flash1823 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    so here is my situation,my sim card tray does not insert or come out it is stuck half way out and it feels like there is something inside of the iphone that is preventing me for pulling out the sim tray or putting it back in. I spoke to an app store rep and they told me i can bring the phone in and they would fix the problem for me, but i didnt mention the phone was jailbroken and unlocked as i know they will tell me to get the hell out. So i restored the phone and didnt jailbreak or anything just left it on the"insert sim" message when you first get the phone. Not sure if this has happen to anyone else but do you think this is something they will not notice and still try to fix it? Is there anything extra i may need to know before i go into the apple store tomorrow?

I was thinking of using a story line if they ask like oh it was a friend who gave the phone to me since they updraded to the 3gs and the sim tray was like this when i got it and so on. what do you think of this, i need some advice?
  2. Hghflyrjd1

Hghflyrjd1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dont think they will give u a warranty repair or replacement IF you tell them you bought it off someone or it was givein to you the warranty does not pass over. thats my idea and what i have heard. and im sure its fine for it to be on the itunes sceen usually after a restore it asks for a att sim to activate the phone.thats why tmobile unlockers need the unlock program to Hacktivate the phone.