SIM card error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gooby, Dec 20, 2008.

1. gooby

gooby New Member

I have a 2g iphone that has t-mobile service. I upgraded my itunes and now my iphone is locked. I have tried to unlock it with the tutorials i have found online, and nothing has worked. It keeps giving me an error message about the sim card. Is there ANYTHING i can do to fix this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Does it say sorry the sim card is unlocked or whatever?

Try this:

Unplug iPhone.
    Turn it off.
    Turn it on.
    Slide to unlock and then put your PIN code in.
    Wait for a few moments.
    Plug it into your computer.
    Wait for 5 minutes and it should work.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. gooby

gooby New Member

"the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" then it says about only compatible sim cards work go to your provider and get a new one. there isn't a place to put in a pin number. its just an emergency call screen.
  4. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    gooby - did you upgrade itunes or the iphone firmware?

I have never seen an itunes only upgrade do anything to the phone. Firmware upgrades WILL.
  5. gooby

gooby New Member

I'm not exactly sure. It was on itunes but it said the latest edition of something was out? I cant remember what it said. Is there anyway to fix it?
  6. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you did the 2.2 update you have a problem....
  7. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    gooby here is what you need to do. What likely happened is that the iTunes update auto updated your phone as well. Not Good!

Make sure the phone is up to date on the 2.2 Firmware.
    You can fidn this by Hitting the Settings App. Then Hit general then about. Were it says version you should see 2.2 and some other numbers. If its not 2.2 use iTunes to update to 2.2

Then go here to this TUTORIAL it writen by me and i have used this to fix this exact problem. In the first part there is a link to a website that tells you what to do. What you need to do is "Unlock" you iPhone 2G. The link in my tutorial has links to download all the stuff you will need. Just download them all and follow the instructions in the tutorial. This will "Jailbreak" and "Unlock" your iPhone and once again let you use the T-Mobile network and SIM card.
  8. gooby

gooby New Member

my phone wont go past the emergency call screen. i have tried the iclarified website, it still doesnt work.
  9. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iTunes upgraded your iPhone with new firmware. You must now unlock and activate your iPhone with Quickpwn or pwnage. Choose the option to unlock iPhone in quickpwn.

Which tutorials have you followed?
  10. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hes done that. From what ive read it seems there may be a problem with the SIM. Cause if he actually followed the steps in the link i left there is no reason it should have failed. All i can say is try the SIM card in another phone. If it works there we can try some other methods.