silicone cases

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jack hood, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jack hood

jack hood New Member

do silicone cases gather lint and dust easily. can i be cleaned off
  2. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

Yeah, it does. Sometimes solid particles get caught up and it scratches the back, but nothing major.
    Regarding it getting dirty from lint, etc, yeah it does get dirty but is easy to clean. A bit of warm water and a cleaning cloth will make it brand spanking new again (minus the tiny scratches of course). If you're one of those person that wants it to look good when you reach retirement, then I'd recommend a protective film.
    There are so many out there. Do a search in this forum to see what everyone recommends. Personally, I like the thicker/rigid ones since it eliminates any air bubbles when you put it on. There are the soft/rubbery types that is stuck on by static charge. It is crapola!!!!!
    Anywayz, people claim that the screen is "scratch-proof". I've seen some that has knicks on it. It ain't pleasant to look at.
  3. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Depends on how/where you tend to carry your iPod. I've carried mine around primarily in an inside jacket pocket and in a pocket of a 7 year old backpack (which has seen its share of dust and dirt), and I haven't had any problems with my silicone case getting too dusty (it's an iSkin, for whatever that's worth). If you were to carry it around more in, say, the pockets of your pants (which tend to get linty very quickly), you might have more of an issue.