silent problem........stupid iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingkai, Mar 13, 2009.

1. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    is there a way to turn silent on and off? my button on th side doesnt work anymore (thankgod) and its stuck on silent

i am pleased its broke cause my phones silent button was ultra sensative id walk along and it'd feel like someone was ringing

but i do want noise lol
  2. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please I have the same problem
  3. mustang1818

mustang1818 Banned

i think SbSettings might have an addon to do that but im not 100% on that one.
  4. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i took the phone apart and jammed the silent button on/off whichever gives u noise lol
  5. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Does Apple warranty cover damages? If so, take it to apple and get a new one!...OH WAIT, you're happy it's broken? Wtf...Yeah SB Settings should have something for it, if not, touche.
  6. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    um OH WAIT dont you think that i would have done that if i hadnt voided the warranty by taking my iphone apart and not wanting to pay £150 to have it fixed
  7. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nope asshole
  8. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i went in, turned the volume on, snipped it, then sbsettings does have a volume plugin, but it the ringtone will always be on or off depeding on where it is when it is broken, so i turned it on, and instead of changing from virbrate to on, i switch ringtones, cuz i made that is completly silent, and sshed a sms one in too, so now it virbrates and is still on loud. theere is aso a way to have the ipod controls pop up evertime u double home botton, so im doing that too cuz when ur in an app, u cant open sbsettings everytime, hope this helped
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I remember seeing something in installer to fix broken home and power buttons. I don't know if there is anything out there to cure the silent button since it is a mechanical switch but there may be something.

Also, if it is the switch portion that is broke you should be able to replace just that (depends if it is a 2G or 3G).

Hope that helps.