/sigh

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lawlacaust, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Lawlacaust

Lawlacaust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought my 2nd generation iPod Touch on July 1st and I've had wifi problems ever since I bought it. Alright let's see if I can remember everything I've tried on it.

After a week with my Touch(during that first week I tried restarting router,changing password on router,changing SSID, and resetting all settings on the Touch) I decided to reset our router to factory default and that worked for 2 weeks and then one day our other computer(with the wireless router antenna) disconnected from our router and I couldn't even find our SSID(on our computer or my Touch) until I reinstalled our latest driver for our antenna and I restarted our router. After that I tried to connect to our router on the Touch but all I kept getting as the 169 IP Address(I DID have the correct password).

After that happened I did a full restore on my Touch and restored our router to factory settings again(after trying everything else) but still nothing. I gave up for about 2 weeks. Earlier today I decided to try switching from a 128bit WEP to a 64bit WEP but that didn't work. I'm 100% positive I have the correct password and the MAC address filtering is disabled. I know I didn't get a defective Touch because it connects to routers without password protection.

This is so frustrating.....
  2. krazydemon239

krazydemon239 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. Lawlacaust

Lawlacaust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I read through that whole thing and still nothing. I give up. When I move out in a couple months I'm just going to buy a Time Capsule. Hopefully that'll work.

Thanks anyway.
  4. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use your warranty
  5. Lawlacaust

Lawlacaust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think there's anything wrong with my Touch(it connects to open networks) I think it's my router.