iOS 3.1 *sigh* memory leak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by richardcav, Aug 5, 2010.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've mentioned this in another thread, but my memory keeps leaking. This is a iOS 4.0 issue, I'm sure, because I had loads of memory before I upgraded.

I'm not jailbroken, and I'd rather not be. I'm paranoid, I admit.

I've done ALL the necessities; Turned off notifications (including turning off all notifications, badges, sounds and alerts on individual apps). YET a few badges still show up, and these apps are at the top of the processor list. Appstore, being one of them. Awesome Note and Mail are others. There is no way to shut off the badges in-app. It seems to make sense that if I put the device in Airplane Mode or disable wifi that the badges would disappear. Not so.

Does anyone know how to disable the badges or stabilize the memory without removing daemons?
  2. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What app are you using to see how much memory you have? Try rebooting the iPod.
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iOS4 is like the vista of the iOS it sucks memory way more than 3.x, if you want to turn off more stuff, you are going to have to JB it.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you want to do that, you're going to have to jailbreak. What's there to be paranoid about? Restore before you take it to the Apple Store, they won't know the difference. DFU if you're that paranoid. Otherwise, there's nothing to be paranoid about. Change your root password for maximum security.