Sick of searching and getting no results, pls HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seaf20, Mar 27, 2008.

1. seaf20

seaf20 New Member

this piece of crap i just got it replaced because i thought i fcked it up... so here i am with a new ipod and i'm about to do the same thing i did to the previous touch that worked so nicely when i tried to jailbreak it...

i used ziphone, worked like a charm... BUT... i updated my touch from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 through itunes and it installed the update.....

now this new damn one i do the same sh*t, go to itunes and update before jailbreaking it... it installed the firmware but where the fck are my mail and maps and added applications????? i am so mthrfcking pissedoff i'm about to add the ipod touch to the list of gadgets smashed against the wall... please help... i like having this piece of sh*t for the gym, but i'll smash it if i get too pissed.... not the first time, i'm known for dropping computers off my window...
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Dude, calm down.

If you update your iPod, it will delete your applications, themes, etc.
    ALL TRACES OF JAILBREAKING ARE GONE IF YOU UPDATED (which you did)

So, the trace of jailbreaking would be your wiggly apps, mail, maps, etc.
    So what you're going to do (if you haven't already killed your iPod), is do ZiPhone again.

Then, add the source http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

THEN, tap all packages and install 1.1.4 iPhone applications or something along those lines.

Hit home, and POOF! They're back!
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Updating will delete the Installer and all apps you installed.

So just rejailbreak, it takes under 2 minutes, and install the source above. That takes like 5 seconds.
    Then your apps will be back.
    Remember that the apps you install through installer are 3rd party, so any update WILL DELETE THEM.
  4. seaf20

seaf20 New Member

Thanks guys you helped me a lot, this is all I needed...
    although i think i'm missunderstood... i did the update before the jailbreak... that's why i was so confused that after restoring the ipod to factory state, it applied the update but not the mail and maps application included on the software pack i paid $20 freaking dollars for... i contacted apple and gave them my transaction # for the purchase and they said they will send me a link to re-download the software, but you guys were BEST and QUICKER!!!! THANKS!!!!