sick idea

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iliyager, Dec 23, 2007.

1. iliyager

iliyager Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a sick idea that instead of it saying iPod in the top left corner it would say the wifi network you're connected to . Can anyone do this ?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

No. Because all that thing is, is an image. You would have to create images for every wifi connection in the world, then find someway for the connection you're on to put that text there. Not going to happen.

But I can see where you are going, because the iPhone has backup carrier images that connect when you're on a different network...
  3. miseracord

miseracord New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, are you willing to make an image for every wifi connection? No one could

Please Register or Log in to view images

Impossible, sry.
  4. iliyager

iliyager Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But the blackberry does it somehow
  5. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Just because it's an image doesn't make it impossible. It's pretty easy to take the text of the name of the wifi hotspot and convert it to an image of the correct size and format. Now, the question is, does the iPod touch have the ability to do something like that?

I think, were it even possible, it wouldn't be worth the CPU cycles required to do that.
  6. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

if youuse the makeitmine.app you can change the name in the corner. So if you were connected to like linksys you could change the corner manually so it would say linksys but if you were connecting to a lot of different networks that would become very annoying

7. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    according to Erica Sadun, she says that you can change the text for the iphone where it says "AT&T" to anything you want. she posted a picture of it. i dont think it actually has to be a picture if you can change the writing through the settings app:

2. Setting a fake carrier. The SBFakeCarrier preference allows you to change your carrier from AT&T to any string you like. I liked this preference so much, I put together the Make it Mine application to let anyone do this without having to use the command line.

iphone # plutil -s SBFakeCarrier -v "Erica" com.apple.springboard.plist Setting property SBFakeCarrier to Erica iphone # restart

8. iliyager

iliyager Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i know about the make it mine app

ok w.e

f*** it,

close the thread
  9. lvlln

lvlln New Member

I don't know programming, but it seems like it wouldn't be hard to coordinate with the Make it Mine program to enter just the name of the wifi network into that app every time you connect.
  10. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It's possible to make an app do this. Using an app, I can put any text I want up on the StatusBar, I just can't figure out how to get it onto the far left side, like it is. I can only make things appear on the far right, a la the Bluetooth.app.