Shut Down or Sleep?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deleted account, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Recently I've been getting a lot of trouble from my iPod Touch with 2.0.1 firmware: It always gets stuck at the Apple Logo.
    I've already restored it seven (yes, seven!) times, and I'm not really happy. I'm now paranoid about shutting it down. I'm planning on always keeping it on sleep.

Well, I have a two week vacation coming up, and I won't have my PC with all my data. If my iPod gets stuck at the Apple Logo again, I'm screwed for two weeks.

What do you guys do? Do you keep it on sleep all night? Or do you always turn it off?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Sleep wastes little to no battery. The iPod Touch has 300 (!!) hours of standby. Just make sure to exit all programs and stop your music, and then you'll be set.
  3. Naveen

Naveen Banned

Yea i just shut wifi and put brightness to 0% and put it to sleep i used to shut it down and it took a lot of battery
  4. acecchetto

acecchetto Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just put mine to sleep.
  5. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thnxs for da tip
    i never thought of turnin ma brightness to zero %

and hope u can fix ur ipod best of luck
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Well, WiFi and brightness both aren't used during sleep mode, so you don't necessarily need to do this.
  7. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I leave my wi-fi on and it still lasts forever in sleep.
  8. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I've been having the same problem as you, and have restored multiple times as well.
    As an fyi, I do always leave mine on sleep, but sometimes, you just need a reboot..

I'm now convinced that the freezing must be due to one of these crappy apps, whether it be a freebie or a 'lite' version of something.
    I've pretty much removed all freebie apps and all 'lite' apps...(all this was done after a restore this evening). That's my new theory and I'm sticking to it (for now.....)
  9. I've always thought it was Cydia.
    I uninstalled Cydia. I'll just wait for Installer 4. There aren't that many packages anyways.

Alright, thanks guys. I guess I'll just keep it on sleep for my whole vacation :3
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Great. My iPod just froze again at the apple logo. Now I'll have to restore it again.
    Does anyone know the difference between DFU mode and recovery mode?
    Ever since it has been freezing, I've been putting it in DFU mode. I'm trying recovery mode now. Is there any difference?