Shuffle not working correctly for Music app on 2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ilena, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ilena

ilena New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My current setting on my touch with the standard music player is as follows:
    Shuffle and Repeat buttons are on/enabled.
    If I open a playlist and hit "Shuffle", the playlist gets played in random order like it should.
    But if all songs are played through and the playlist starts over, the songs are played in the same order as the previous run.
    I can only change this if I either hit Shuffle in the playlist again or the shuffle button twice while playing a song.

Anyone noticed this too?
  2. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

Hmmm, your right. I never noticed this because of the large playlist, I made a smaller playlist and noticed that it did that. Apple needs to bring along an update and fix this non-shuffling aspect.
  3. ilena

ilena New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But is this only on 2.1 or also before?
    Anyone with 1.1.4 / 2.0 / 2.0.2 that can try?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Shuffle doesn't actually "Shuffle" like you think it does on either the iPhone or within iTunes itself. What it does is creates a playlist of your music in a shuffled order. iTunes will then just replay that same playlist over and over. I don't like it, but it's just the way things are.
  5. zimmermd13

zimmermd13 New Member

Hi ilena -

I had a similar problem to you and posted here:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103604

Well, maybe I shouldn't say similar problem...but it was a problem with music playback after upgrading to 2.1. No one was able to help but I did find a workaround that was acceptable to me for the time being.

Best of luck!