SHSH's

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jc4gavejc, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jc4gavejc

jc4gavejc New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I just got a new ipt3g, and am having some trouble with downgrading to the 3.1.2 firmware. I backed up the SHSH's on sauriks server while I was on 3.1.2, and upgraded to 3.1.3 so I could figure out how to go back to 3.1.2 in order to help a friend jailbreak a device that he had upgraded to 3.1.3. When I did this I had no clue that I would have this much trouble jailbreaking again, or downgrading to 3.1.2 based on the ECID SHSH blobs I had already stored on Saurik's server.

Long story short, Itunes comes up with the error that my device was not eligible for the requested firmware build after I added Saurik's server to my hosts file in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

At first I thought I might have overlooked backing up the sigs (even though I distinctly remember doing so), but then I tried just doing a restore to 3.1.3 (because I couldn't have backed up sigs in cydia seeing as 3.1.3 isn't jailbreakable, so the restore should fail just like 3.1.2) but I was surprised to find that the restore succeeded, even though it should have redirected to sauriks server which didn't have the shsh blobs for a 3.1.3 restore.
    I think that somehow it is still finding apple's server and that is why I am not able to downgrade. Is there any way besides using the hosts file in windows to redirect gs.apple.com to saurik's server? Thanks a lot!

Josh
  2. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you have your shsh saved locally?
  3. jc4gavejc

jc4gavejc New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, I didn't know about the umbrella method when I originally jailbroke.
  4. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm... then i cannot help you.. but it seems like something is wrong with your SHSH on Saurik server.
  5. jc4gavejc

jc4gavejc New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How can I check where my SHSH is if I don't have my ipt jailbroken?
  6. enqx

enqx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was in the same situation. You "saved" your shsh a couple of days/weeks ago but Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 FW on February.

Wait for a new JB method.
  7. Zandrik

Zandrik Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if your using 3g 32gb and just got it then it has 3.1.3 on it and you can't downgrade,
    Unless your positive about having the right the ecid and the shsh,
    search for guides on changing where itunes connect,
    I'm positive i saw one about a week ago on these forums
  8. jc4gavejc

jc4gavejc New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Got it on Amazon about a month ago,
    I DID jailbreak, and a friend of mine wanted to jailbreak too, but he was on 3.1.3 and after I messed with his ipod a while he started to get uncomfortable and told me that unless I can replicate the process in front of him on my ipod then he didn't want me to try and jailbreak. So I made sure my shsh's were backed up on cydia's server (by clicking the option to "Make my life easier") and I upgraded to 3.1.3. After finding out that is impossible to jailbreak 3.1.3 I told my friend he would just have to wait until some dev releases a jailbreak, and then I proceeded to attempt to restore my ipod to 3.1.2 so I could jailbreak again.

I must be doing the process wrong or else I'm editing the wrong hosts file. On Windows 7 64 bit is there a hosts file located in the SYSWOW64 directory, and is that the one itunes would use or is it in the normal location?

I'm doing something wrong with my attempt to retrieve the shsh on saurik's server.

Is there some way I can look up my shsh blob by serial number, download it, and use the umbrella method to restore instead?
  9. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    windows 7 64 bit windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
  10. jc4gavejc

jc4gavejc New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's the file I've been working with. I guess I will just resign myself to the fact that somehow I hadn't actually backed up sigs on saurik's server.

Thanks for the help all, I think I will just hold on till the new JB...