shsh effects 2g model mb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by warbeast, Sep 17, 2010.

1. warbeast

warbeast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so today my wife buys a preowned 2g touch mb model running 2.2.1
    i thought based on what i read on cydia main page shsh doesnt effect touch 2g and iphone up to 3g

so i tried 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 with every itunes from 8 to 10 on win7 and xp but just got shsh error 3194 and with itunes 10 it had a nice msg saying its the shsh problem

to make sure its the shsh with 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 i tried 4.0 and 4.1 and they work fine

so whats the real deal with 2g touch and shsh?
  2. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, until few weeks ago I could restore to every single firmware I wanted to with my iPod touch 2G, now I cannot, only to firmwares that I have SHSHs saved to and with tiny umbrella's server.
  3. osterac

osterac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    me too

Yeah, I have a 2g touch with 3.1.2 on it and I want 3.1.3 but all that is available to me is 4.0 and 4.1. I have heard... things... about iOS 4 on 2g. Umbrella tells me that I am "just too late" when I try to get an shsh blob for 3.1.3. This seems odd to me, as iOS 4 is still not a good option for users of older ipods and iphones. Why would they leave us in the dust?
    edit:
    Wait - is it just that you need to get the sig straight from apple, and then save it to saurik's server? And in order to get around this, encryption would need to be hacked, or something?