SHSH Blob - My Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Notorious97, May 1, 2010.

1. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi All, i realise there are tonnes of threads from people about SHSH lately, and i have read them all, but id appreciate if anybody could answer my questions and then il be happy to shut up and explore the rest of the forum

Please Register or Log in to view images

My Itouch is 3.1.2 - 64 GB

1 - Last night i backed up with AutoSHSH on my PC (wndows XP), i saved a file which i had to name myself to a folder for safe keeping, after saving i renamed the file, this doesnt affect the file does it?

2 - I also opened it with note to see if i saved it correct, i didnt enter any text, or delete etc and once opened i closed straight away, this is ok? Also my file doesnt seem to have an extension of .shsh as ive seen people quote on here, the file type states 2SHSH?? Is this an error? The file sze is 68kb!

3 - as i backed up 3.1.2 should i also upgrade to 3.1.3 fw and back this up so i have two back ups or is it a waste of time?

4 - Can you back up the same OS (3.1.2.) more than once or can you only perform this task once? I ask because i tried to do it again but my Itouch refuses to go into recovery mode a second time!

If all ive done above is correct then i should be set for the jailbreak! Thanks again for any help i get, much appreciated!
  2. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1 - it shouldn't affect the file as long as u don't mess with the extension after all renaming makes it easier for organising purposes
    2 - yeah as long as u dont mess with it shouldnt matter as well file size doesnt matter mine's 67.2 kb too
    3 - thats entirely up to u but recommended i think since it does make u more secured against future firmware updates as u have 2 blobs
    4- pretty sure u can havnet tried it

thats about it based on my understanding so far hoped that helped

edit: make sure when ur renaming it theres no space for the name
  3. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    And it must have the extension ".shsh"
  4. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies! i only got to rename the file when i was saving it, so i named it 3.1.2.shsh and the file type in the folder says it is SHSH File,, i havent touched this one since i renamed it.

How do i put up a screen shot and i can show you? Then il upgrade if people think it looks correct!

Never mind i figured it out lol below is screen shot of what i currently have saved, can you let me know if this looks right and then il upgrade? thanks again!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In my opinion, it's just fine.
  6. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks fir the help, i am not currently jailbroken so hoping that doesn't affect it lol

i think I will upgrade to 3.1.3 tonight and back up that blob too!!