Should I...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rbsis, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. rbsis

    rbsis Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    Okay I just saved enough money for an 8GB iPod Touch, around $300 CA. Should I wait for a price drop since the iPhone is now cheaper? Or will this be the price?
  2. Joe Rossignol

    Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2008
    Messages:
    11,500
    Likes Received:
    1,268
    Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It all depends. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see an iPod touch price cut for a couple weeks, although I do see a price cut of I'd say, $100, coming. Better yet, why don't you just purchase an 8GB/16GB iPhone now that they're cheaper than the iPod touch.

    You'll pay cheaper for something that does much more; Phone, SMS, GPS tracking, camera, internal speakers and so much more.
  3. rbsis

    rbsis Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    I will do that, but I was reading that they wont let you leave the store without activating it? I just want an iPod, I have a phone already.
  4. Firespray

    Firespray Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2007
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    1
    I'd wait it out a while if you want to buy the iPhone, if they do decide to sell them without contract, then you'd probably have to wait for a 3rd Party to develop unlocking software for the phone. I don't believe you can use it without activating/unlocking it.
  5. rbsis

    rbsis Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    I might wait till the release of the new iPhone to see if the price went down.
  6. Xandu

    Xandu New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Get the new 16GB 3G iPhone!

Share This Page