Should I?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stanleybridgeboy, May 12, 2010.

1. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

I'm thinking about getting the 64GB iPad with 3G + WiFi.

I'm just looking for teens opinions.. Is it worth it? I made a similar topic but it got pushed way down.

Would I get much use out of iPages?

Would it be fast typing like the iPhone? - I'm really fast with it and I'd like to use it to take notes in class for school.

Would I find myself using that more then my iPhone, and kind of ignoring it? - I'm worried once I get this I won't want or use my iPhone near as much

Thanks,
    Brendan
  2. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, to answer your question. If you have an iPhone and a Macbook Pro to go with it, you should never get an iPad under any circumstances. If you have a regular phone, then go for the iPad all you want.

The problem here is exactly as you have put it, you will be using the iPad more for pretty much anything except making calls and sending texts, and then the iPhone will feel completely obsolete.

What you can do on your iPhone, you can do much better and faster with the iPad. Especially typing. Or in fact, you may even get away with just jotting down notes with a stylus... since the iPad has a surface big enough for that kind of activity.

So in the end, think carefully. I have seen people abandoning their iPhones for the iPad. Of course, if you love the iPhone size and you think that you will need a device like that more for... oh, I don't know, reading magazines while you are on your bed, or something as crazy as that, then you should keep the iPhone and steer clear of the iPad for now.
  3. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I don't have a MacBook Pro! Just a PC.. And the iPhone.

I'd still probably use the iPhone a bit. Not 100% Sure. It's a tough choice!
  4. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't really think you need all that extra space. But I don't know you might! And, you're gonna be paying for 3G when you already have it on your iPhone. You could always get a wifi and tether your iPhones 3G to it.
  5. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    I own an iPhone 3gs, one of the best portable laptops Alienwares m11x, and an excellent gaming PC. The iPad is an excellent choice for having something to surf on while on the couch and such. Basically if you want to connect and don't feel like turning on your laptop or looking at your small iPhone screen, the iPad is the best thing out there.

Although I don't see it as a very portable device as it would be hard to carry it around with you at the mall and such like you do an iPhone, traveling on the other hand, the iPad has no competition. Watch movies during a flight, surf the web while you wait for your time to board. Basically its not a device that you NEED, but it is a device you will ENJOY.
  6. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Macbook+Iphone kicks the shiz out of an ipad, get a nice laptop instead...
  7. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No. Get a laptop. More bang for the buck and less walled garden.
  8. whocaresit

whocaresit New Member

I STRONGLY recommend an iPad and a Bluetooth keyboard + dock. I am a student in univ and pages makes writing papers really fun. I never really liked composing papers in a laptop or desktop.
    iPad is an amazing device for students..
  9. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Pages is actually quite horrible when you use it with the keyboard dock... It's more usable when you use it with just the on-screen keyboard instead. You just have to get used to the on-screen keyboard, but trust me, it's not that hard to start pounding away at over 40WPM with it.

Alternatively, use the wireless keyboard. You just gotta use everything in landscape... It's easier to read what you have been writing in that mode.
  10. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have a MacBook which I've had for nearly 2 years now (time flies...) and I have an iPhone which I've had for 1 year. My iPhone's on a 3G plan already, and I've opted for the 64GB Wifi only model.

64GB because I need all the space for the movies and music I'm planning on filling it up with (and some MASSIVE apps, like The Elements) - but only Wifi, because if I want to use 3G, I could just use my iPhone... Maybe even in the future, there'll be an app in Cydia which would let you Bluetooth tether your iPhone to your iPad and use the 3G connection on both? Who knows..