Should I Wait?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Larry2628, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Larry2628

Larry2628 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, after playing with a coworkers Touch for a little while I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy one. I considered the iPhone for a while but I really don't need an extra $30.00 per month on my cell bill. Aside from the phone does the iPhone have any features that are not on the Touch?

Is there any reason to wait to buy one? Are there any huge upgrades coming out soon? I just don't want to spend $300-$400 dollars only to find I should have waited a month or two. I saw some info online that hinted at a 3rd generation but they don't sound well founded. Wasn't the 2nd generation realeased last fall? How about the firmware? I see mention of a new release. Excuse my ignorance but when rev. 3 is released, (I see it's in beta), can I upgrade? If so, can it be downloaded and is there a cost? I would imagine the firmware is in flash and that no physical chip is involved, right?
  2. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only other things that the iPhone comes with that the touch doesn't; Camera, SMS(texting, although there are apps for the touch out there ex: textfree) ANY app in the app store (that I'm aware of) is capable with the iPhone and the 3G, instead of WiFi.
    And regarding the ANY app statement, I mean like the ocarina app, it's only compatible with the iPhone(Unless you buy a $70 pair of apple headphones with a microphone built in)

The biggest release coming is, yes, like you said firmware 3.0. It'll be free for iPhone users, but to us iPod Touch'ers, it will be $10.

Hope that helped!
  3. sirbingo

sirbingo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've studied the ipod touch and other electronic pda types on this board for the past 30 days and nowhere is that discussed or even insinuated. You are totally wrong. Jesus is the highest of all priests. He came from Heaven and returned there. He is the true Son of God.
    He healed the blind and raised the dead. You are not worthy to touch his sandals,
    yet he died for you, that you may have a chance for never-ending life in paradise.
    The Bible says every knee will bend and every voice will confess that Jesus is Lord.
    Please consider the path you are going down. It goes way down. All you electronix worshipers! give up your Iphones and touches...that word touches!