should i wait for the third generation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by themustard, May 2, 2009.

1. themustard

themustard New Member

hi everyone, i'm new here so i apologize if this has already been discussed, as surely it has.

anyways, i am looking into buying an ipod touch and am getting pretty anxious, but was told the third generation will likely be released in a few months. would you guys advise that i just suck it up for now and wait it out or is there a good chance there won't be much of a change?

thanks in advance.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    first of all, it has been discussed many times
    second of all, why not wait, it is true that it wont be out for a couple months (like 5?) but it will probably be cheaper, have more memory, and possibly something great like a camera
  3. themustard

themustard New Member

why would it be cheaper? the business model is greater capability at the same cost.

secondly, i've read through some of the discussion on some forums and most people seem to think there's no profit incentive for apple to add a camera to the touch. that the iphone has one isn't probative - the iphone is a phone and all phones have cameras now.

was just looking for some fresh perspectives on this if any new leaks had surfaced which i might be overlooking.
  4. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if a new touch came out with a camera on it, people would be all over that sh*t, therefore making apple profit, imo.
  5. Markcooz

Markcooz New Member

I agree with twitchy204
    Apple should be smart enough to know how business goes...
    if they add a camera to a device that didn't have a camera before, and it's helpful to some apps developers release

they make more money = apple wins + developers

but yeah just wait for the new iPod Touch it's coming out in like 3 months from what i've heard like in july or august
  6. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is no gaurantee that there will be a new one coming out...

If you are happy that the 2g is good enough, get it, if not wait...
  7. themustard

themustard New Member

ok thanks. i guess ill just wait if its gonna be out in july.

have you guys heard of any of the other possibilities of what it might include? i am pretty excited.

also was wondering if you can play a song as your alarm. i know that was a complaint in the 1G, and didnt know if that had been rectified in the 2G or was rumored to be updated in the 3G.

also, does the price historically stay the same or is there an increase? i would hate to wait and then not be able to afford it.

again, thanks for the input.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    really? i thought it was established that they always introduce a new line each summer...?
  8. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Of course, we don't know. But maybe...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it is coming, it probably wont come this summer. Apple refreshes its iPod touch line every September, around the first week.
  10. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    isnt it every september

and it your choice, get the 2g now or wait for 3g, and if there is no 3g just buy the 2g then so basically be patient