Should I wait for the 4G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adgjqetuo, Oct 24, 2009.

1. adgjqetuo

adgjqetuo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I bought the 3G ipod touch a few days ago - and I absolutly love it, but there are a few things I dont like.

A) - no camera (but theres a spot for it - WTH??)
    B) - No built in Mic - (Yet the advertise the voice support - but who wants to plug in a Mic all the time??)
    C) - No FM Reciever (But has the hardware inside??)
    D) - Won't connect to wireless N (But has the hardware inside - again WTH?)

I guess my question is - since I bought this with a gift card - is it worth returning this ipod and waitting until the next version to buy? What are the odds the 4G will contain what I have above? If they are high - I think I might return it for now and wait until next september - or Janurary as I heard rumors of??

My only other ipod is my 80gb classic which I keep inside my Jeep
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    well the 4G will come out next year. so just keep the 3G or buy an iphone on ebay and use it as a sexy ipod with a camera and mic.
  3. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A) As 42395_Skyline said, get an iphone, don't insert a SIM card, and have that, minus voice control.
    B) The 3rd Gen ipod touches were packaged with a headset with a mic built in, so use why not use that....?
    C) I think it's just time until the FM receiver is activated, but if you're so concerned about FM radio, just go buy a separate device just for FM radio. Shouldn't cost much over $50, if that.
    D) My wireless router uses N, yet my ipod touch does just fine with what we have. Please note that there are 3 ipod touches, three laptops, and a Nintendo Wii connected and using the same wireless router for internet at the same time, downloading stuff. Wireless N shouldn't be that much of a concern.
  4. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'd wait if i was you... the 3G is just a overhyped 2G.
  5. adgjqetuo

adgjqetuo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wait - you can get your itouch to work on your wireless N network?? I made a post about that earlier and someone said it wasn't possible

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259562
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you spend your life waiting for the next big thing to come out, then you will never have anything today. And since it is never any day other than today...
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if you can save money by then,go for a 4G and keep your 3G...that's what I'm doing =P
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

If you love it, that's all there is to it. You can always sell your iPod just before the 4th Gen comes out, so you won't be without an iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

This is true. It's a LONG wait.
    I would only consider doing it if I was completely satisfied with my current player and did not want an iPod touch in the least.
  10. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    highlighted in bold, the ipod touch doesnt support 802.11n as of yet. Your router is probably in mixed mode.