Should I UpGrade to 2.0.2 or wait for 2.1? What is better in 2.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by aultamn, Aug 29, 2008.

1. aultamn

aultamn New Member

And also, can I upgrade to 2.0.2 if i have windows? with winpwn?

Please answer people..
    Thanks..
  2. Krabbs

Krabbs New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nope... I seriously doubt anyone would be able to tell the diff between a 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. Should be a little more stable and better 3g, but it doesn't seem like people have noticed anything. And if you're using the touch it makes even less sence.
    Wait for 2.1, which hopefully will add copy n paste.
  3. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you have a lot of apps installed then updating isn't really worth the hassle. Not much performance increases really. Just wait for 2.1. But if you're an eager person like myself, you might find it a nice idea just to update to the latest. lol
  4. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

First, has 2.1 even been announced? Even if it would come out tomorrow, it would still be a few weeks before jailbreaks come out for it. Aside from that, there could be compatibility issues to deal with as well.

Next, I haven't used 2.0.1. I went right from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2. I've jailbroken both, and 2.0.2 is MUCH more stable, and much faster. I would say that if you have some time to kill, go ahead and upgrade. It's probably not much of a performance spike, but it will be a bit better, and I think everyone agrees that 2.0.2 is the most stable firmware to use at the moment.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

For me 2.0.2 is much more stable, Faster internet, less crashes, less keyboard lag. The only downside I've seen so far is I get less battery life.