should i upgrade to 2.0.1 and jailbreak again or just stay??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by theduffster89, Aug 10, 2008.

1. theduffster89

theduffster89 New Member

My iTouch currently is jailbroken with the 2.0 firmware...but now that pwnage can jailbreak the 2.0.1 firmware should i upgrade and jailbreak again or should i just keep it as is??
  2. coldani

coldani New Member

I re-jailbroke mine, as 2.0 is very unstable, and 2.0.1 fixes some of these stability issues. Recovering everything was really simple for me. If I were you, i'd upgrade+jailbreak.
  3. theduffster89

theduffster89 New Member

ok

but can i just upgrade my ipod as is (jailbroken) or do i have to restore it to an unjailbroken state before i can upgrade?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anyone??
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i couldn't get mine to recognize that 2.0 wasn't the most recent software, so i put it in recovery mode, which then forced itunes to download 2.0.1
    after I restore it to factory settings, i'm just gonna restore it from the custom firmware i made with pwnage
    using pwnage makes restoring an ipod so much easier than using itunes
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't. It's already pwnd so just install the custom 2.0.1 custom firmware with itunes.
  6. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if your 2.0 jailbroken is unstable upgrade to 2.0.1 and jailbreak. if everything is running smoothly for you just stick with 2.0 jailbroken. I have a 2.0.1 jailbroken but i never jailbroke 2.0