Should i upgrade my 1.1.4 jailbroken to 2.0 ? benifits ..etc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swamanator, Aug 11, 2008.

1. swamanator

swamanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i am currently running 1.1.4 jailbroken on my ipod ....i recently downloaded the 2.0 (5A347) firmware from a ******* site and i have it. i am not sure whether to upgrade to 2.0 at this time ...is it better to stay at 1.1.4 or to upgrade ? what are my benifits and disadvantages ....i know i wont be able to use installer ....i have to use cydia ...also is there a way to backup my applications on my ipod so incase i want to go back to 1.1.4 i can load them back up.... i have already backed up my music from the ipod touch using total commander ...

if someone could answer those questions ....that would be great

btw im on windows ...and i downloaded winpwn 2.0.0.4

ty guys
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

1.1.4 apps are not compatible with 2.x

2.x is also very buggy and unstable

with that being said, it's all a matter of personal preference as to whether or not you think it's "worth it" to upgrade
  3. diegohuyke

diegohuyke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I like the update,but you're free to decide
  4. Joko

Joko New Member

I think you should upgrade your ipod touch. Installer and Cydia are already in winpwn 2.0.0.4.
    There are a lot of good apps ( really good apps) in app store. If you have enough money, you can buy those apps from app store/itunes. Otherwise you can use another way round (they said it's pretty simple) to get those apps into your ipod touch without paying anything, but it's illegal (I'm not sugesting it, but since you get your FW 2.x from ******* site i thought you might want to know). There is Winterboard in Cydia, so your ipod touch can have wallpaper in home screen. There are a lot of free apps in app store too, and installer 4 looks sexy in Fw 2.x.
  5. zerodash

zerodash New Member

there isnt really a reason not to. i mean a lot of apps are being ported to 2.X so we'll get them sooner or later

and if u stay on 1.1.4 u'll miss out on all the new stuff u could have from ONE 10 minute update
  6. swamanator

swamanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ok so i think i will upgrade ...once i do the thing with winpwn .....and have 2.0 installed ...will itunes automatically give me the updae for 2.0.1?

also can i back up my applications then transfer them to my 2.0 ipod ...or will they not work??

also will apps like maps weather ..etc be on the ipod once im on 2.0? ....and can i do the wiggle thing?
  7. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dont really consider the 2.X jailbreak worth it at this point...the app store in 2.X is great and the greatest legal thing to happen to the iphone!! personally I'd stay on 1.1.4. The free apps on istaller and cydia on 1.1.4 outweigh the app store in my mind...however 2.0 has many other great features...
  8. Fire-Coon

Fire-Coon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    depends what your killer app is. for me its SMB with a particular theme - Iasian.

until thats out on 2.0 i probably wont update