Should i upgrade from 2nd gen to 4th.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oadam11, Sep 6, 2010.

1. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just got the ipod touch 2nd gen as a present. I don't know if I should upgrade to the newest.

I dont use a camera that much, and the retna display is nice, but not completely necassary. Is it worth the upgrade?

UPDATE: I before I got the 2nd gen, I had the first gen. I planned to upgrade to the 4th generation, and then I recieved the 2nd gen as a gift.
  2. padfoot07

padfoot07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Although the 4G does look awesome, just hold on for a while. Heaps of people on here are just updating from their 1G to the 4G, so i think that another year shouldn't hurt that much

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. arsenal1312

arsenal1312 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The things that convince me to upgrade is that the ipt 4G has 2 times faster CPU speed and 4 times more RAM than the 2G
  4. sman789

sman789 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I'm upgrading from the 2G to the 4G. My main reason is that my 2G is broken to the point of being almost useless, but I think I would upgrade anyway because it basically uses a new generation (apps and app-store wise) of input technology (gyro), processing technology (A4) and output technology (high-rez screen), so I bet a lot of new apps wont work on a 2G; or at least not at the same level of graphics or functionality.
  5. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm upgrading from my 2G to the 4G because mympower button is sort of stuck. I can still turn it off and on but it's really hard to click. also I am very eager to get an iPod with 4 times the ram because I can't play some games like we rule on my current iPod. also I need a larger memory for my music and apps. 12 gbs of music is not enough for 8gbs plus apps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Upgrade because your iDevice is going to be outdated by next year. If you can wait another year though, I advise you to wait.
  7. meccs

meccs New Member

I have the 2nd Touch. I noticed that some apps run slower since they updated the apps for the retina display (Reeder runs very laggy since the last update). More and more games require at least the 3GS chip, some cool new features of iOS4 are not supported by the 2nd Gen. So yeah, I think I'll upgrade to the 4G Touch. I'm glad I skipped the 3G. With the 4G I get HD video recording, pictures, face-time, a build-in microphone, retina display, gyroscope and the awesome A4 chip.
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If the slower speed is annoying you, then you should upgrade.