Should I upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.x? Question inside

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by linkhero, Dec 21, 2008.

1. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, I really want the apps of 2.x and such, but I'm stuck with the question, what will become of the apps on my current jailbroken 1.1.4, and I don't mind losing most of the apps but some of them are hard to remake, like the games for the emulators and such. Now, can anyone explain to me how they went from jailbroken 1.1.4 and managed getting back most of their apps (or keeping them?) withought having to mess with everything like deleting all your apps and restarting your ipod or something like that, please respond, thanks.

Also explain how 2.x is jailbroken and how I can get jailbroken apps on it.

Can I just upgrade from a jailbroken 1.1.4 to 2.0 through iTunes or do I have to do a series of steps so I don't mess my ipod touch up?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you want to update it is recommend you restore to the latest fw. There is a jailbreak for 2.2 with quickpwn or pwnage tool. When you restore, yes you lose all your apps. No apps from 1.1.x work on 2.x as it has different frameworks.
    But yea would just restore, then jailbreak with quickpwn(windows) and your good to go. Oh and NO ONE uses Installer on 2.x when they ported it they didnt do a good job so most people use cydia.
  3. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, I know that no one uses Installer too, I wanted to know what people use now, thanks for telling me about cydia ^^
  4. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    YES! you should!
  5. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

I would update to 2.2 if i were you. And ur q about the jailbroken apps, alot of jb apps have been ported.