Should I trade touch for classic?

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by whitepod, Jan 29, 2008.

1. whitepod

whitepod New Member

Lately I've been thinking i might trade my 16gb Touch for a 160gb classic. The reason--Space. With my Touch I only put VERY little music on it. But with the 160gb I could get all my music on it and begin ripping new cds.

My Touch is now unJailbroken and i've had all the "great" apps and emulators but it just wasn't doing it for me. I now have a clean 1.1.3 instlalled. I rarely use the wifi but my main reason of wanting to keep it is SDK. But, the only thing I'm really looking for that is games and particulary Phase and I can already get that with the Classic.

I guess another reason I want to keep the Touch is because it is so revolutionary, but i guess the 2nd generation is going to be even better. Does anyone have any suggestion, or does anyone have both and can help me out?
  2. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

Just save money to buy another classic. trust me, you don't want to.

I thought to myself, should I sell my iPod touch in trade for a 80GB iPod classic. I did say no. I decided to save money for a new one.

I also wanted the nano, because it plays video and The only thing I bought prior to my iPod touch is the nano.

EDIT: The classic makes noise when you use cover flow. Remember flash drives are better than hard drives., which touch=flash classic=hard drive
  3. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

It (the iPod Touch) is superior to the clasic on almost all fronts but space. Functionality, ease of use, games, all that fun stuff.

I would never trade my Touch. I'd get a first-gen zune, like a 30gb. They're pretty cheap, considering the space. And they have a radio. It may seem to violate your religion at first, buying a zune, but they really aren't all that bad. You could also use both, and just split your stuff.
  4. aaron80

aaron80 New Member

I would keep my Touch too. Like what FallingBallon said, its just packedfull of fun and ease of use in such a slick, cool package. Maybe u can get another 160gb Classic just for your library of songs.
  5. tonyd09

tonyd09 New Member

if you have a large library of music and videos, and have the money, just save up and buy the classic.

it's nice to carry the ipod touch around as a PDA. and use the classic for your media.
  6. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

ipod classic is just a little better then the zune
  7. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would say no reasons as u can see lsitde above

but if u must atleast wait till SDk and c wat else the ipot offers compared to the classic
  8. whitepod

whitepod New Member

Well I did trade it trade it in for a classic and have no regrets. It actually FEELS like im using and iPod and I love that. I'll probably wait for the 2g touch and buy it since I'l have the money now I have a job!
  9. Meade13

Meade13 New Member

why dont you just get the 32gb ipod touch its only 100 dollars more than the 16gb touch
  10. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wats SDK

Please Register or Log in to view images