Should I trade my iPod touch for an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lemures, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Lemures

Lemures New Member

I don't really use my iPod Touch as a media player. I listen to music on my old 20gig ipod (as I have an fm transmitter that works for it), and I can easily fit a movie or two on an iPhone, and I'll never watch more than that.

I currently primarily use my iPod Touch as a productivity tool. I use it to as a PDA. I check my email, I surf the net during class, I add contacts, I use maps, I take notes, I use the todolist every couple of minutes....

So what I am considering is returning my iPod Touch (which actually DOES have the negative black issue, so I'm going to be returning it anyway) and convincing them to let me trade it in for an iPhone. I won't even buy a contract for the phone, as I'll just use the thing for what I described above. Perhaps one day I'll use it for voip, or I'll find a way to work it into my currect cell contract or something. I want the bluetooth capability, in hopes that some day they release a keyboard for it (taking notes in class on that will eliminate having to carry around a giant laptop), and the camera would be great for work purposes (I have to take pictures every once in a while).

What are your thoughts on this? Is this a good idea, or a bad idea? What evidence and reasons can you offer for either?

-Lemures
  2. iamunki

iamunki New Member

personally, if you're not going to use the phone part, I'd stick with a Touch. The camera is only 2 megapixels, which isn't even close to as good as my regular phone, pretty much everything you need is on the touch, and if you're thinking about wanting to add a phone plan later on down the road, why not just wait until the next generation phone comes out in a year or two rather than get the first generation one and kick yourself further down the line. if the only thing you really think you'll use is the bluetooth, is it really worth the extra $100?
  3. TJd

TJd New Member

I agree with ^. If u dont use the phone just keep the touch.
  4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Can you even use the iPhone without activating it? I was under the impresison that you have to activate the phone to get it to do anything.