Should I take it back and wait for the next version?

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Azul_Luna, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Azul_Luna

Azul_Luna New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just bought my first iPod touch a few days ago and I'm loving it!

I'm wondering, however, if I should return it and wait for the next version which is supposedly (if you believe the rumors) going to be released in mid September.

And that brings me to my second question... if I do return this one and get a new one in September (I'm going to opt for the 16 GB instead of the 8 GB I bought), would I be able to transfer all the apps I just bought into the new iPod touch? (I'm assuming yes via iTunes but thought I'd better double check on that.)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  2. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think that you should get the new one, and those are no rumors anymore, there WILL be a new iPod Touch, with many updates.
    And I think you will be able to transfer all the apps you bought to your new iPod with iTunes, but I'm not sure because there will also be a new version of iTunes. But don't worry, if iTunes won't back up your apps (but there is a big chance that it will) you can always download apps you purchased before for free, no double pay for an app.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I would return it and wait. Even if one doesn't come out you could still just get a 2nd gen. And all the apps you bought already will work.
  4. Azul_Luna

Azul_Luna New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks! So glad this forum exists. I've had a lot of questions and am finding great answers here.