Should I send in for warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wilfred, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wilfred

Wilfred New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well I basically am asking for advice as to whether or not I should send my iPod Touch for a warranty repair because whenever I play/watch videos occasionaly it seems to freeze at a point of the video where the sound disappears for a few seconds and the video crashes and I return to the Springboard. This doesn't change unless I restore my iPod but the same thing happens but just at a different time frame.

The videos works perfectly on my computer and a similar thing happens with my Music, except it only hiss/squeal (w/e) for like 1 second and then the music plays (bearable but annoying and perhaps not worth my money if this is normal). When I sync I tried following exact procedures yet the same problem occurs everytime. However this did not happen when my iPod Touch was ''new''.

Thnx. Your advice will be appreciated and I'm also sorry if I'm posting this and another similar topic has been posted before mine.

EDIT: By the way sometimes the songs do crash.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Did you Jailbreak?

Try restoring your iPod.

Check the first link in my Signature.
  3. danielguitar15

danielguitar15 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If your having troubles, send it in.
  4. MellowAssassin

MellowAssassin New Member

if you restore there is no evidence of a jailbreak, a restore is like a full OS reinstall
  5. Wilfred

Wilfred New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Erm I don't think jailbreaking has anything to do with music/video playing on iPod Touch? But anyhow I have already restored my firmware to a clean 1.1.4 with software upgrade. Thnx for your help so far.