Should I sell my touch and get a nano?

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by schnikelfritz576, Dec 16, 2008.

1. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

Well I've had my 16 gb iPod Touch for over a year now (got it replaced once) so the warranty has expired. I use it for everything (videos, music, games, internet) but the games arent really that fun to me and the internet is cool. that's definitely a plus. But I do have a psp (with memory card) so i wouldn't miss videos that much, and i love the look and feel of the new ipod nano and external buttons, nike+ipod, easy alarm playlists, can use the mic/headphones. So do you think it would be worth it to trade it or am i just going through a phase?
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Your asking the wrong people.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

If you're dissatisfied with AppStore applications (Toy Bot Diaries, Flick Fishing, Monopoly), then I'd say there isn't much room for improvement so the future shouldn't hold anything worth while for you.
    If you already have a computer (obviously you do), then the iPod touch's internet is a perk more than anything else and really isn't necessary
    (needs wifi so on the go it's pretty much useless in that department)

The PSP should serve as a replacement for all the two key features of the iPod Touch (videos, games), so there wouldn't be much of a loss.
    Then you have the laptop for internet.

Overall, if you mainly use your iPod as a music player then the nano is definitely for you.
    With those other devices you already own, there shouldn't be much regret and the Nano is much sleeker, smaller (of course), and portable.
    Not much of a hassle since it has the click wheel, and overall is just sexy

Please Register or Log in to view images

The new features definitely make it even more desirable, shake to shuffle, accelerometer (games with it on it are surprisingly fun and vids aren't too bad), and the design has it fit easily in hand.

I would wait a couple weeks or so, just to be sure you not wanting your Touch isn't a phase, but the main thing is if you want a sleek music player vs the versatile Touch.
    Just ask yourself if all the features of the Touch are what you really need (games, internet).
  4. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

Ya, i've been thinking about this since the nano came out and I've been on the edge. But I'm thinking i might do it cause hacking my Touch is also showing on my grades...

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. thetrayder

thetrayder New Member

Umm ipod touch > new nano in. My opinion. Everything you can do on the neew nano you can do on the ipod touch. You can even have the shake to shuffle feature if u jailbreak your itouch and then get pockettouch app. I see no reason to get the new nano. If ur at someones house but someone is on the compuer you can use your ipod. Sorry for spelling im typing from my ipod and dont want to backspace. If you still feel that way though i would be more than happy to buy that ipod off of you. Im sick of only having 8 gb :/. So if you really want to sell then ask me fo my email .
  6. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    are you stupid?
  7. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL! Brilliant.
    I think this clearly expresses how most people on iPod TOUCH Fans would feel...this isn't iPod Nano Fans!
  8. kee

kee New Member

but then you would have to carry around 3 things instead of just the touch. lapop, psp, and nano. seems like it would be better just to stay with the ipod touch
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

I don't think you should. Ask yourself what is so much better about the nano besides its weight? It would be ridiculous to get rid of an iPod Touch that has endless possibilities with the Jailbreak and get a new nano which is cool and lightweight, but lacks all of the awesome features of the Touch including touch screen, apps, wifi, etc.
  10. liamizdabest

liamizdabest New Member