Should I replace my iPod touch 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dd_ny, Sep 26, 2010.

1. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    -I have 2 light leaks: one on the left, and one on the right side. They are visible in dim settings, even if my brightness is under half. I have a TPU case on, so I hadn't noticed at first.

-My battery meter is inaccurate (BTW, anybody know of a battery app that is tailor made for the new iPod touch?). After charging my iPod for only a few minutes, it said it was halfway through.

-I keep having this problem where my "Settings" app crashes if I try to load it up. At first I figured maybe I had too many apps open, but even after closing them all, the problem still persists. I have to leave it alone and try a few minutes later to get it to work.

-sometimes after taking a video in landscape mode, it refuses to auto-rotate upon my viewing it (however, I DON'T have a ticking sound, which is more proof that those who do may have a defect)

-occasionally, Safari will freeze on a page, and I have to close it out and start over

I'm wondering if some of these issues are hardware or software problems. I figure I should send for a replacement.
  2. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It looks like you're just searching for all the problems you can just to justify your reason to take it back.

Just replace it and get it over with

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wtf? No, I'm not. Why would I WANT to get it replaced? Its more trouble for ME in the end! I'd MUCH rather stick with the one I have, if possible, but I'm afraid the problems could get worse.

All I did was look at the "iPod touch 4 defect" thread and pointed out what I do, and don't have.
  4. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Keep the other iPod you got...

It would save you the hassle, and they're the ones who made the mistake.

But if you feel guilty, then just replace the iPod, sounds like there is something wrong with it.

Yeah, either way don't keep the one that has lots of defects

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's the thing, it WASN'T Amazon's fault. It was UPS's fault. Amazon supplied UPS with the correct address, but UPS delivered to the wrong place.
  6. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hmm...

Well, I would keep the new one and like recycle the old one or something, and save both you and amazon a hassle. Because you still don't know what amazon will say, it might make you wait even more, and after seeing your posts about waiting and how excited you are I'm pretty sure you don't want to wait any longer.
  7. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I emailed Amazon about the situation. I'm trying to schedule a call back (I don't know if they allow that) so I can explain the situation and my plans over the phone to them.

Cross your fingers for me! Hopefully, they will allow me to keep both, and I'll just live with any minor defects I have, and give the new one to my brother for Christmas!
  8. Zak32

Zak32 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Woah you got alot of problems there, you should really replace it.
  9. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Good luck dude! You sound really giving, hopefully they'll let you!