Should I or should I not.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drslippyfist, Sep 13, 2009.

1. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I put my 16gb iPod 2g up for sale on craigslist for $195. I got a reply rom some guy who said he was on buisness in the Netherlands and need a iPod shipped out to his cousin for his birthday in 5 days. He told me he would give me $250 plus $70 for the shipping. All he needed was my paypal email account. I immediatley went and changd all if the passwords on my email and paypal account. But the more I think about it if I get the money in the account then what do I have to worry about. I was wondering why he just wouldn't buy a new one for the same price but if it's getting shipped over seas then they would rape him in taxes. I really don't want to hear "if it's to good to be true" I already thought about that stuff. What I'm hoping fr you guys is to show me a scenario of what could happen if I just simply gave him my paypal email account and did a restore on the iPod and that was it. Thanks for your help.
  2. shawn_selig29

shawn_selig29 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i know alot of times, they are scammers.....i would say its a scam.
  3. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea but if I get the money into my payp before I ship it and I do not give him anything but my paypal email then what could go wong.
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ask him for his email and send him an invoice ? He pays, you ship and everyone gets a cookie.
  5. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Scam. This is an average overseas scammer that wan't you to pay through paypal. You'll get tons of these through out the time you leave your craigslist ad on there.

NEVER ship, and just ignore these messages. I can't believe I'm seeing so many threads on people believing them Hahah, you guys must be new to craigslist. They'll tell you to give you there paypal e-mail and then minutes later you'll get a FAKE e-mail from paypal saying you got the money, but the money won't show up in your account.

Average overseas scam e-mail that you'll get whenever you use craigslist. Again, never ship.

By the way you realize there's a Netherlands section in craigslist right? So ask yourself why wouldn't he look in there instead of going to your state

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Bingo thanks apple dude. I am new to craigslist but I didn't it was legit. Hence the post on here. I knew someone would have the answer. I just couldn't figure out what angle he was trying to work. Thanks for the info.

P.s. Are you interested in a iPod. Lol just kidding.