Should I not upgrade to 1.1.3 if i'm planning on jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by 16gbofmagic., Jan 24, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im litterally walking out the door right now to go get a 16gb Ipod Touch. Im thinking it has 1.1.2 (It's priced at $380) and I want to know if I should refrain from updating if I plan up jailbreaking. I don't think im going to do this for a few days, so would it be easy enough to just update and then downgrade to 1.1.1 for the jailbreak later? Or would it be that much easier to stay on 1.1.2 and downgrade to 1.1.1?

Thanks everyone.
  2. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it would be the same either way...and if your buying it now it might have the new app pack with 1.1.3 and if it does..i would test drive that and leave it as it is for a while because the 1.1.3 jailbreak is almost out
  3. comthre3

comthre3 New Member

well the method posted doesnt work for touch. so i dont think its a good idea to upgrade now.
  4. daisydukes12

daisydukes12 New Member

just wait until feburary, that is when all of the jailbreak for the ipod touch and the sdk. but when it comes you should know what to do by then. Right now the 1.1.3 jailbreak is avaliable but only for the iphone. Iam not mad for that as other are, but what i would do is to not do any upgrading on anything untill feburary.
  5. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    stay at 1.1.2. Don't waste your time. Some people can't even get a DG working. Welcome to the family that touches! (sorry, that sounded wrong)
  6. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So just skip everything and enjoy a virgin Touch until Febuary? Upgrade to 1.1.3 also?

Thanks for the replies guys.
  7. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No such luck anyway. Best buy is out of stock and waiting for the next batch with the updates. Bummer, I wanted to save the $20 anyway.
  8. crotalus99

crotalus99 New Member

I believe that any touch bought after Jan 1st gets a free upgrade. I believe I read that somewhere.

Can anyone clearify?
  9. thermalpenguin

thermalpenguin New Member

ya I heard that too I know that if you buy one from apple it comes with them. You can just jailbreak to get those apps anyways. I personally would stay at 1.1.2 for as long as needed until a solid jailbreak is released.