Should I Keep My Bose In-Ear Headphones?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by redsoxfan11, Dec 25, 2008.

1. redsoxfan11

redsoxfan11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got Bose In-Ear Headphones for Christmas and I was wondering if I should keep these, or return them, and get something like the Radius Atomic Bass Headphones, and put $60 bucks into my pocket?
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes. Keep them. Or give them to me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

They're supposed to be awesome
  3. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Well it all depends what you want. Do you want excellent headphones or crappy ones with some extra cash for whatever?
  4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

You should keep them. In ear earphones are really good, but Bose is like amazing with their products. I got griffin in ear tunebuds, I wish I got Bose.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. kikkomang

kikkomang New Member

go to an audiophile forum and read up on Bose's reputation. it's not very good. i recommend etymotic er6i's instead.
  6. mom2austin

mom2austin New Member

I have Bose headphones and I will never go back to another brand. I had Sony's for a long time and the day I put on the Bose, I never, ever thought I could hear that clear. I am a transcriptionist who types all day for a living, so I've had my fair share of headphones. Bose beats every one I've tried, hands down.
  7. JYogi

JYogi New Member

Bose is good BUT UltimateEars are the best.

You will spend much more with really good UltimateEars though.

Keep your Bose and love em!
    I have their QC Noise canceling headphones and you cant beat them on a plane!
  8. sawedust

sawedust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ditto on the Bose rep. They're only recognized worldwide because of their marketing strategies. Sure, their products are better than a majority of the lower-level entries, I'll give them that. They essentially popularized the active noise-canceling phenomenon AFAIK.

However, their products pale in comparison to Ultimate Ears, Shure, Etymotic, Audio-Technica, etc.

I've tried 'em all (except for the extremely high-end UEs) and I'd have to go with the Ultimate Ears for IEMs. (Shure's SE530s are spectacularly awesome, but the price for them might not fit into a lot of customers' budgets.)

The ER-6i's emphasize the mids and highs quite nicely but lack in the bass department; UEs are better at all-around sound IMO.

As far as headphones go, the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 beat the Bose QC2s on price, durability, and offers a clearer, more balanced range than the QC2s do.

Good luck with whatever you choose, and have a happy new year!
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the Bose In ear's and they aren't exactly the best. Bass is nice, mid range and treble is muddy though :/
  10. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I tried the Bose headphones in the apple store, and they were amazing. Im sure their earphones are just as good.