Should i Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pane, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Pane

Pane New Member

Should i jailbreak my ipod touch? I got it yesterday and i don't want to screw it.
    Also would i be likely to need to fix it, cause if voiding the warrenty...
  2. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeh do it youll be glad u did
  3. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Its unlikely you'll need it 'fixing'. You can just restore it back to normal if you need to so cant void the warrenty.
  4. EVT

EVT Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im not just yet, i already have but i think more updates will be coming and if want bug fixes then wait, then jailbreak.
  5. iTouchHacker!

iTouchHacker! New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Jailbreak isn't worh it anymore

Now that 2.0 is out and all the cool Games and some other stuff from Installer are in the AppStore there is no reason to jailbreak. I guess if you want Game System Emulators (NES,GBA,SNES,GAMEBOY,) and Quake on your iPhone there is a reason to jailbreak. But you can also do that on your PC or Mac. Jailbreaking is just not worth it anymore and it will mess up your iPod/iPhone and voild your warranty and you have to restore allot. And your iPod/iPhone can brick up. With the AppStore you can act like you have a jailbroken iPod/iPhone.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

This post is a joke, coming from "iTouchHacker".

The AppStore does not allow large company apps to be ported to 2.0. App Store for a smaller fee than by the large companies (See: Tris). Jailbreaking allows these semi-copyrighted apps to be distributed free of Apple influence and fee. The point of emulators on the iPod touch i to have them on the iPod touch, I.E. away from computers.

Jailbreaking does not mess up your iPod, and a simple restore will re-enable the warranty. I have not restored, unless you want to call updating to 2.0.2 to re-jailbreak from 2.0 a restore. An iPhone/iPod touch cannot be bricked; you show me one iPod that has been bricked by accidental software usage, and I will give you a a large sum of money.
  7. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    think of it this way, your ipod is your friend, and is in jail, its the perfect time to "break" him out, should you? in jail he has access to the basic neccesitys ( in a way), but out of jail anything is possible
  8. apple123

apple123 New Member

Wow, this is probably, seriously the 1,000,000th thread like this that I've seen saying "ohhh should i jailbreak it im scard ill sreww it upo". My answer is - MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN MIND! If I have to treat you like a child and make all your decisions for you, then yes, jailbreak your freaking iPod. I honestly don't care.