Should I jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by O0Justin0O, Feb 3, 2010.

1. O0Justin0O

O0Justin0O Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I know this has probably been asked before but could you guys give me some reasons and reasons not to jailbreak? Is there any way apple could find out and not allow me to have my warranty? I really don't want to mess up an expensive ipod. Thanks in advance.
  2. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Theres no reasons not to really because if you need to take it into apple you canjust dfu restore which erases it anyways and leaves no trace
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Jailbreak if you want themes and other means of customization, more control of your iPod Touch, of course Mew Seek (A limewire for iPod/iPhone) and much, much, more. It's the opening of doors to a whole new world in the iPhone and iPod Touch world...

Give it a try, if your un-happy with it, plug-in your iPod or iPhone and click "Restore", voila, your done. Do the same before you send it to Apple or call Technical Support, then your warranty is back and they'll never know you've done the jailbreak...
  4. Jreddog

Jreddog New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't really see any major negatives towards jailbreaking. As for the warranty, yeah it's void once you jailbreak. However, I have no faith in that warranty. In my opinion something that works out of the box and has been working for at least a couple of weeks isn't likely to spontaneously malfunction (which is pretty much the only thing Apple covers in the warranty). The most likely thing to happen, such as that you drop it, or get it wet, or whatever, is "accidental damage" and not covered by Apple.

Best reasons to jailbreak: control over your ipod, customization, third party apps that let you do a lot more things than Apple will let into the app store like background processes.
  5. O0Justin0O

O0Justin0O Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so if you restore there's absoulutely no chance apple can find out?