Should i jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wwekp, Dec 14, 2008.

1. wwekp

wwekp New Member

I recently got an iphone 3G, I haven't jailbreaked anything since my ipod touch 1.1.2 bricked along time ago, i still have Win SCP on my PC , i was wondering if i should jailbreak my iphone ? because i want the cool apps like when i had on my touch.
  2. technoboyy28

technoboyy28 New Member

Jailbreaking opens you up to so many useful features and applications. I don't see why you shouldn't/wouldn't.

Either way I'm sure its not going to be a repeat of your iPod Touch debacle.
  3. DBBuzzkiller94

DBBuzzkiller94 New Member

In my opinion i think that everyone should stop worrying about jailbreaking and just enjoy the ipod like it should be enjoyed!......but really its up to you?...if you want to have the extra apps then i would jailbreak but if you dont really care what apps you have then just leave it as it is

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Khsbenny

Khsbenny New Member

It depends totally. I'm learning about the Ipod touch and it seems like Jailbreak died when the appstore came out. It's still useful though. It does create problems (For me at least) but these are minor. If you want to customize your iPod then go for it! If you enjoy emulators then again go for it!
  5. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    do it! never think twice!!!
  6. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am not.

Mostly for the myriad of problems that accompany many jailbreak functions and apps.

If you do make a backup with iTunes

If I did though it would be 100% for themeing.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There are more than 100x more apps now than there were back in the 1.1.2 days because of the App Store. You don't need to Jailbreak to enjoy the new apps either. All you have to do is update to 2.2, which is Free for you.
  8. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Asking "Should I Jailbreak?" is like asking, "Can I keep Breathing?". OBVIOUSLY YES. But, there aren't really any cool things on Cydia except WinterBoard (Theming).
    The App Store > Cydia.
  9. removed_user02

removed_user02 New Member

Go for it. I was skeptical about jailbreaking at first but all the customization and themes you can change is just amazing. And to think people would give up the ablity to jailbreak for a 2nd gen with mediocre external speakers.
  10. shitpan

shitpan Banned

i was recently debating the same thing.
    I'm seeing metallica play at the forum in LA tomorrow and i wanna record parts of it, so i did the jailbreak on my 3g. now i have cycorder.

Please Register or Log in to view images

plus many other things. its well worth jailbreaking. you get so much more stuff. lots of mods, themes, and apps apple didnt approve. go for it!