Should i Jailbreak my new ipod ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Al-d, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Al-d

Al-d New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Got my new 8gb touch on Sunday, do you guys reckon i should jailbreak it or not.Reading through some of the posts here i noticed a few people have problems after they jailbreak it,and of course others think it's great.Would appreciate your opinions please.

Thans.
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i think you should. the problems are being worked on and soon there will not be as much problems.

EDIT: if you jailbreak 2.2.1 firmware then there will not be very much problems. the problems you see here are on 3.0 firmware.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you know what you're doing, or know how to search, then you should jailbreak. If you don't have a clue as to what you're going to do with a jailbroken iPod, then I would read more about it and jailbreak after.
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    depends how 'into' your devise your are. or how much of an anorak your are. if you love it to bits, eat sleep and breath it, cant put it down for a second, then yes, JB it immediately. If like me you think it's a great devise, but dont live your live especially for it, then dont bother. I've spend a good deel of my ipod's life with it in both states, and i MUCH prefer the un-jb state (not because of technical issues, but because of the way i use and utilise with my lifestyle)
  5. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea u should jailbreak it on 2.2.1 and btw pretty much every1 on this site will say jailbreak it
  6. prauny

prauny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would jailbreak it. Its an easy process and if you do have problems after jailbreaking, you can always restore.