Should I jailbreak my iPot?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mattyoak, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Mattyoak

Mattyoak New Member

Ok, so my iPot will be arriving very soon and I have been thinking about whether or not I am going to jailbreak it when it arrives?

For a while I have been against jailbreaking however as more and more becomes availiable for installer, the more I want to jailbreak it. However, does anybody think jailbreaking is not a good idea?

I'm also concerned about iTunes not recognising my iPot as that seems to be the main problem...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but nothing came of my search.
  2. SpeedTriple

SpeedTriple New Member

Do it.
    Why? It works and you will have much more applications.
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd New Member

Depends what your objections really are.

If you're worried you may be breaching copyright, you're correct - you would need to do that to install any of this stuff.

If you're worried you'll trash your Ipod, it's not an issue. The most difficult part is getting the thing jailbroken in the first place. Nobody has permanently damaged their Ipod doing any of this, and once it's jailbroken, most people have managed to get them to work faultlessly. Mine does, it's really good.
  4. ramey

ramey New Member

Jailbreak it. If anything goes wrong you can just restore your ipod even if its not detecting it in iTunes. Use Touchfree for windows, or iJailbreak. Good luck!
  5. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Please read the threads and make your own informed decision on whether or not you want to jailbreak. There are already loads of these posts I'm afraid. You can always restore your ipod if you dont like it when its jailbroken.