Should I Jailbreak My iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by alimadari, Jun 7, 2009.

1. alimadari

alimadari New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone!

I really need some help. I have been debating, since morning, whether or not I should go through with jail breaking my iPod Touch 2G. I have done research and gathered up information from many different sources, and I now have some solid answers. I know that everything on my iPod will be deleted, I know that it will void my warranty, and I know that a lot of people have done this. I also know that is a very simple process. But I am still not convinced that I should actually go through with it. Really, what I am asking is for someone out there to try and convince me that I should do it. You know, say whatever you can to get me to do it, because I just don't know if it's a good idea or not. Also, what program should I use to do it? If I do, I was thinking of using QuickFreedom but any suggestions? Maybe a tutorial to go along with it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

All help is greatly appreciated, and I will be very happy if someone can give me a good answer.

Thank You,
    Ali Madari
  2. ALECMM61

ALECMM61 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    use redsn0w .3 and everything will be kept no need ot restore or resync
    redsn0w.com
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you jailbreak without restoring, it will NOT delete everything from your iPod.

It will void your warranty, but you can restore your iPod to the point where nobody can tell that you have jailbroken your iPod, so it will basically still have a warranty.

There are no side effects you jailbreaking your iPod, you only gain.

Do it, all the cool kids are doing it! Come on man! Do it!
  4. alimadari

alimadari New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank You so much for the quick replies. These did generate some more questions though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This question is for ALECMM61.

If I use the redsn0w 0.3, I will keep all my files already on the iPod? So all my music, apps, etc. will all be on it?

This question is for Zombie_Killer.
    What do you mean by jail breaking without restoring? Don't you have to create custom firmware, then restore it to that firmware?
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Redsn0w .3, like ALEC said. Like you never jailbroke.
  6. alimadari

alimadari New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there a tutorial for redsn0w?
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think the question to ask before anyone ever thinks of Jailbreaking is:

"What do I want from Jailbreaking and do I really REALLY want/need it?"
  8. kmax82

kmax82 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no keep it default

my thoughts on jailbreaking is that yah its pretty cool to customize , and stuff but apple comes with some many updates that you would have to keep re jailbreaking etc... so all ur stuff is gone and i wish where u could keep all ur stuff and crap but all the jailbreaks ur going to have to restore sometime if there is a problem and which deletes everything ... and point of keeping default is that ur not wasting ur time putting stuff back in your ipod touch over and over and over again
  9. alimadari

alimadari New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Teslanaut, I want it for free apps and I want to be able to customize my iPod.

And is redsn0w .3 tethered or untethered?
  10. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its just a one click process. its like nothing even happens to your ipod accept cydia appears there is absolutely no reason not to