Should I jailbreak my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jared2602, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Jared2602

Jared2602 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am getting a Iphone soon (when it gets delivered) i am just wondering should i jailbreak it? or is it to risky? or are there things i need to think about beforehand?
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes you should. Themes, access to the filesystem, ability to kill unneeded processes to save memory and battery, and theming are just a few reasons. Oh, put on your, "USE TE SERCH BUTONZZ" flame suit.
  3. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it's all in your preference, but i like my jailbroken ipod touch.

i don't have a home button anymore and it doesn't get covered by Apple + i don't have cash, and jailbreaking my touch covered that problem.

changing your themes, etc. it's pretty awesome.
  4. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My iPod has been jailbroken for about two months. I am definitely glad I jailbroke it, even though I run into minor problems every now and then. Whenever a problem comes up, it is usually just that the iPod is running low on memory, so I let my iPod's issues work themselves out with a few minutes of waiting. I would definitely recommend jailbreaking!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Rats and Gods

Rats and Gods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Honestely I didn't think I needed or would want to and I've had a iPhone 2G for about 2 and a half years. One day I jailbroke it at work and wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't jailbroken. Internet tethering, custom SMS tones, custom lock and unlock tones, a cool 6 day forcast background (InterActiveWeather), etc. I thought I really loved my iPhone before but now I really really love it. My main concern was that it voids the warranty and I would lose all my iTunes apps and what not. This is not true. You can still sync without a problem in iTunes. All you are doing is turning a great phone into a completely amazing phone.
  6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well. If you have a legit iPhone. With a Legit SIM. Unless you want themes and etc. No.
    Honestly I wouldn't recommend it if it's not a 3GS. From my experience 3G's can't handle Winterboard without a lag. So it's up to you and what you need your phone for.
  7. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes you need quickreply for sms