Should I jail break?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vxspartan117xv, Oct 20, 2010.

1. vxspartan117xv

vxspartan117xv Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I have jail broken many times in the past but I just got the ipod touch 4G and it has most of the things I cared about in the jailbreak. So far the only thing I have missed from the jailbreak that is not already included with the IPT4 is SBSettings.

Do you think I should jailbreak my ipod touch 4G? What can i get out of my ipod 4G by jailbreaking it that would motivate me to jailbreak it?

Basically what I want to know is there any killer jailbreak features that I should not hesitate to jailbreak for?
  2. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if u have to ask then u probably dont need it
  3. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    do not even ask. just jailbreak!
    it is so awesome!
    winterboard, themes, sbsettings, folderenhancer (simple but awesome), just overall customization.

i absolutely love my jailbroken 4G. honestly, it did not feel complete without it.
  4. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I woulnt do it. The iPod touch 4g has so many great features and I don't even see sense in jailbreaking. Plus it will void warranty, I suggest you not doing it
  5. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just do it...you have nothing to lose. Jailbreak problems can always be fixed with restore, exept if you manage to get your self into a boot-loop, bot that only happens if your messing with .plist stuff.
  6. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    it will NOT void warranty.

well, it will but a clean restore NOT from backup will put the iPod back in the same way it came out of the box.
  7. vxspartan117xv

vxspartan117xv Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Well from what i gather I do not need it. The only thing I miss so far is SBSettings but I am not very informed on new cidia apps. Unless there are some good one I need I dont think I will do it. Any other comments?
  8. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Infinidock is a nice tweak. I say buy it and use it. I use it on each of my devices.
  9. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I jailbroke for 2 reasons... SBSettings and LockInfo. I haven't tested InfiniFolders, but I will (Unlimited apps in folders).

If you really don't care for tweaks, you probably shouldn't jailbreak. It may not be worth the time and effort put into it (Waiting for upgrades, Redownloading jailbreak tweaks after upgrades and restores, ect.).