Should I Install And Use BossTool Before Jailbreaking 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by jrzofclay, Jan 28, 2008.

1. jrzofclay

jrzofclay New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does it matter which order I do? Does it matter if I install and use BossTool first in order to move my applications folder to the media partition, and then jailbreak 1.1.3? Or should I jailbreak 1.1.3 first, and then install BossTool?

Thanks!
  2. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

I think the whole problem is that the actual 1.1.3 JB itself takes up most of that memory... correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would do too much good to BossTool it first...
  3. jrzofclay

jrzofclay New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well i thought that after you install bosstool, your entire Applications folder is moved to the media partition, so that now you will have all of the remaining memory left to install the 1.1.3 jailbreak. Is this correct?
  4. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

thats what I got from it too.... but that partition is only 300MB.. and I saw in another thread that the DEV JB uses like 280MB or something...
  5. myboot

myboot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you're speaking of the Official Dev, JB, keep your app installs at 1.1.2 JB to BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH (or a SSH alternative.) HOWEVER make sure to update Installer.app to 3.0b10 **while still at the 1.1.2 jailbreak**.
  6. jrzofclay

jrzofclay New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bump, anyone else?