should I get the old iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by octopusaurus, Jun 16, 2008.

1. octopusaurus

octopusaurus New Member

Sooooooo I was going to sell my fairly new iPod touch and get an iPhone.. then I heard about the new 3g iPhone...
    hmph. At $199.99 wooah, sick!

I started hearing things and reading things such as:
    -Even though I'm already a current AT&T user, I have to get a new two year plan
    -Instead of my family plan, I gotta get one that'll cost $80 per month? Noo way.

I wasn't even going to get a data plan (that means I'll have an iPod Touch that calls people AND has free wifi) I just got sick of carrying two things-- phone and iPod touch... I figured they should be combined to one. The 3g would be pointless, GPS pointless too. Do you think it's possible to buy an iPhone (ebay, etc) and put my current sim card in it and not get a data plan with At&T? I currently have like a tiny texting plan with them and that's enough with me.

Sigh.
  2. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I want to know the same thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. heiheit

heiheit New Member

i was in the same situation. i decided to get the old one off ebay and its in the mail now, should be here today, i say get the old one
  4. BemmerKid

BemmerKid Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i'm gonna get the old one and unlock it. or the new 3g since im already on t-mobile, but I don't want to have to pay a plan.
  5. megamanbnmaster

megamanbnmaster New Member

i hope hte new phone gets unlocked soon.
    im planning on getting the iphone 3g, activate it normally, and then use it for a month. then on the second month ill cancel it and pay hte ETF. then ill prbly go back to tmobile.

maybe u shuld follow that path too. pay around 400 for activation, phone, and early termination and get use any sim later on (if it gets unlocked, of course)
  6. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

they r coming out with family plans