Should I get the iPad or the......

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Parablank, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Parablank

Parablank Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ARCHOS 101.

It looks really nice, I've also owned an iPad for a short while, before I sold it to get some other stuff.

Now, I've been thinking about getting another "tablet" but I'm going to do a little more research this time.

Your thoughts?
  2. Brand0n777

Brand0n777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    When Apple So called it a " Tablet Computer " my first thought was that it would be running Mac Osx. If you ask me I think the iPad , for a general user, is pointless.But thats MY opinion.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't remember Apple ever calling it a 'tablet computer'.
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, Android has many limitations that are overall much more of a nuisance to get over with when you consider it as a full computing platform. iOS is much more mature in that aspect IMO.

So I think... you get what you pay for. The Archos 101 is cheap, but... I suspect that it's truly "cheap"... as in the whole device (hardware and software) is cheap. Though I could be mistaken. I'd say you wait out for reviews to fly in before making the plunge. Otherwise, save up for an iPad because I think the iPad is much more worth it than any Android tablet.
  5. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah. Apple never called it that. Its not even a computer, but rather an entertainment device. Its not ment to replace a computer at all.
  6. shithead

shithead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, iOS is more mature than android and also for a tablet, the ios is quite good. But Android looks good though, but if I would rather go for the Samsung Galaxy tab or wait till Android Gingerbread.

Because Android Gingerbread will have tablet support, which the previous versions don't have. All current android tablets have heavily modified Android and it would suck if you can't get an update to another Android version.

I hate it already that iPad is still stuck at iOS3, ugh.