Should I get one?Plz Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rohitbansal666, Nov 1, 2010.

1. rohitbansal666

rohitbansal666 New Member

Hi,
    I sold my 1st gen itouch 8gb for around $100.Like every1 else I'm a bit confused whether to get ths 1 or not because of RAM,Camera etc.I've been using ipods since 2006 and just couldn't live without 1.So,when I sold my 1st gen itouch,I quickly bought the latest shuffle.Now,I've around $350 in my account but can not decide whether to go for it or not.I'm planning to go for 32gb model,but is it worth?I sold my itouch as it went really slow,and almost none of the apps use to work on it,even if they do,they weren't worth.

I really miss the music experience on my itouch,It was so better!
    I don't care of the camera as I don't use it much.In my country iphone is like twice costly than the itouch,hence I HAVE to buy the itouch ONLY...
    So guys,
    what do u say?Should I buy 1 this christmas?Or should I wait 1 more year for an additional RAM and may be a 1.3 or 2 MP camera?
    If I buy 1 now I'll probably use it for 2-3 years...What do u guys say?
    Plz help me out...
  2. Touchguy912

Touchguy912 New Member

I would definately buy one, I'm loving everything about mine right now. It will definately be a huge upgrade since you had a 1st gen ipod touch and now a shuffle. So to answer your question, Yes i would definately buy the 4th gen ipod touch.
  3. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    the 8 is too small, the software takes up over 1 gb of space, so if you like apps and alot of movies/songs i would get a 32
  4. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    every year a new generation of devices come out..(i wonder if its the same when it comes to apple..?)
  5. rohitbansal666

I've also heard of all these light leaks,battery issues etc.While I totally trust Apple,is there really any such issue?
    Secondly,
    As I mentioned I'll be using this device as my mini do-all device for next 2-3 years.Do you think the current build quality,hardware,software(and literally everything)will hold good for next 2-3 years and will even give me a good resale value(as my 1st gen gave me)?
  6. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I might be selling my 3rd generation 32gb. If I sell it, it will be $200
  7. rohitbansal666

Is there any1 who upgraded from 1st gen?
    Do u guess actually plan to use this thing for 2-3 years or keep upgrading it every year?
  8. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I upgraded from a 1st gen touch and I too plan to keep using mine for the next few years. it is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. the speed is incredible, things run smoothly, the retina display is absolutely gorgeous, and the dual cameras are a nice bonus. all in all I think you should upgrade, but definitely get the 32 gb cuz 8 won't be enough given the amount of space consumed by the OS itself.
  9. rohitbansal666

oh ya sure,I would definitely go for 32gb,8gb is nowhere in my mind...
    Can I expect any price drop around Christmas?
  10. sidhant92

sidhant92 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no i dont think so but maybe by that time u start getting refurbished ipods.