iPhone 3G Should I get Iphone 3g now or wait for 3rd gen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 785274, Feb 14, 2009.

1. 785274

785274 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    The 3g came out almost in july? Should I wait until a new iphone comes out or should I get a 3g now? I fear that If i get a 3g now a new one will come out very soon and i will regret but I also do not want to wait 1-2 years more for a new iphone.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I am in the same predicament as you. I don't know what to tell you. The longer you wait now, the less time you will have to enjoy it before the new one comes out. If you wait until April, for example, you're better off waiting for the new one, unless you absolutely need a new phone.
  3. ajspurs

ajspurs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yea I would wait for the new one. I am in the exact same position as you, but I decided to wait, I made the mistake of buying a phone too early in my contract now and numerous phones came out that I much preffered to the one I had and I don't think I'll ever buy a phone again unless I'm completely sure it's the one I want.

I think if theres any doubt in your mind,then wait. If you buy an Iphone now, you will only just keep wondering whether you should have waited and then when the new one does eventually arrive, I'm pretty sure you would have wished you waited,lol.
  4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I didnt wait
    I decided that the 3G is good

Please Register or Log in to view images

and we had to switch away from Sprint right then so I was like.. Screw it! the 3G is fine with me... I know Ill want the new one but Im happy with my decision

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Well the iphone 3G has pretty much improved in every way, so if apple does release a new iPhone I am sure they will prob be forced into improving the things that people actually want (better cam, maybe cam on front for video calling etc)
  6. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    that would be cool
  7. loaf-

loaf- New Member

If the next iPhone doesnt have the simple and common features of other smartphones, I'm done with it. I'm sure nobody gives a rats that I say that, but I'm also sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.
  8. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i agree, although the iPhone is totally awesome, i would much rather have a top-of-the-line smartphone with all the basic features and some the iphone will never have and an ipod touch than an iphone. And besides, if i get a smartphone with a wifi chip i can turn it into a wifi modem and tether it to the touch so that i can use all the apps anywhere like on an iphone.
  9. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah that was my thought too
    I could go either way
    Right now I like having it all in one and I didnt find myself using all the smartphone features and on the iPhone I use all the features because they are awesome to use. Its just the implementation is so great on the iPhone compared to a smartphone that I love this phone! I had a WinMo for a year or so and I just got tired of having to make everything I do a chore which it turned out to be.. They are FANTASTIC phones but I just am at the point where I want it to be fun and easy at the same time
  10. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if i were u i wouldn't wait an effing year for the third gen which will probably not be any better