Should I Get A Screen Cover???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by l33t, Nov 28, 2007.

1. l33t

l33t New Member

Well I am planning on getting an iPod Touch pretty soon and was wondering... Should i get one of those clear sticky covers for the screen? Do you know if the front side/screen scratches easily? I know the back does but I am wondering about the front/screen.

Thanks. l33t.
  2. Tayg10

Tayg10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't have mine yet, but i say why not. They are not that expensive and they are good investment. I've heard good things about the Invisible shield, It covers the whole Ipod and you cant even see it, apparently.
  3. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Depending on what else (if anything) you plan to use to protect your Touch, I'd recommend something like this - I have one on mine, and I like it. It doesn't rely on sticky adhesives so you can take it off without leaving a mess on your iPod, and the application is pretty painless - there's no solution or water involved, you pretty much just lay it on. The "No air bubbles" part in the description might be a bit of a stretch, as I did need to work a few bubbles out, but it wasn't difficult at all. I use my screen protector in conjunction with a silicone case, though, so if you're planning on not getting a case as well, I definitely second the notion that you should try something like the Invisible Shield. I've never used it myself, but it seems like the way to go if you're only wanting to apply one form of protection.
  4. francisco582

francisco582 Member

yea you should because I thought it didn't scratch because it is glass, about a week or two ago I got two scratches.
  5. yehaww

yehaww New Member

I never took off the one that came with it, just trimmed the bottom. It's perfect
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iPod touches screen is almost impossible to scratch with everyday circumstances such as keys in the same pocket, change or whatever else. Watch some of the many scratch test videos on youtube.
  7. borg

borg New Member

hardly seems necessary - the back gets some small scratches but that looks cool, the screen is more or less scratchproof
  8. Type56

Type56 New Member

i would take n ipod-suck^^ they are just cool

Please Register or Log in to view images

and they protect the (much easier to scratch) back of the ipod, too.
  9. l33t

l33t New Member

10. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Scratchproof? Ha!

I think this has already been discussed here, but just to confirm, the screen is highly resistant to scratches, but it can definately be scratched. I have 3 light scratches on my screen and I don't know how they got there.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I swear they weren't there untill I told a doctor where I work that the screen was scratch-proof, and he could take that silly plastic cover off. I got home that night and noticed scratches on my screen, had to tell him that I was wrong and to get a screen protector right away. My cousin has an iphone and he noticed scratches on his screen and has no idea how they got there either.